Our Little Explorers' weekend begins with the visit to the Chamousira Gold Mine in Brusson, a tiny village at the foot of the Mont Rose. The Museum of the Gold Mine can be reached by car and has a parking lot. The gold Mine itself can be reached by embarking on a nice walk that takes about 15 minutes, following the path that leads to the Welcome Centre. Here's where you meet the guides; helmets are handed out and the guided tour to the mine site begins.
The programme includes two nights at a family-friendly hotel, breakfast with locally-grown produce, dinner with a typical Aosta Valley menu, a brunch to discover the excellent food and wine from the Val d'Ayas, entrance with a guided tour to the Mine Museum in Brusson and Chamousira Gold Mine, accompanied by the guides from the Mining Park, and access to the "Le Alpi dei Ragazzi" (the Children's Alps) Interactive Area, located at the Fort of Bard. Here our little explorers can take part in a virtual climb of Mont Blanc, complete with harness, the sharp crest and gusts of wind.
Family 2 adults
|Family 2 adults|
+ 2 children aged 0/12
|From 17 June to 1 August||2||€ 308||€ 358|
|From 1 to 20 August||3||€ 588||€ 638|
|From 20 August to 16 October||2||€ 308||€ 358|
A few things you need to know about this programme...
- The visit to the Museum and to the Chamousira Gold Mine takes 2-3 hours to complete (journeys included)
- The Museum and the Chamousira Gold Mine open from 17 June to 16 October, on Saturdays and Sundays (in August open every day)
- The "Alpi dei Ragazzi" museum open from 17 June to 16 October, on Sundays.
The price includes:
- 2 or 3 nights in a Family room at a comfortable hotel in the Val d'Ayas
- buffet breakfasts
- a dinner with a typical Aosta Valley menu, including drinks
- entrance and a guided tour to the Mine Museum in Brusson
- entrance to the Chamousira Gold Mine accompanied by the Mining Park guides
- brunch with a tasting session at the "Fromagerie d'Haut Val d'Ayas", at Brusson
- entrance to the "Alpi dei Ragazzi" museum, an interactive recreational space that simulates a virtual climb of Mont Blanc, hosted inside the Fort of Bard.
The price does not include:
- tourist tax (to be paid at the hotel)
- personal extras and anything not specifically mentioned under "the price includes".